11.21.2008

sad realization of the day

Today I was met with the sad realization that I cannot pull off those long, drapey sweaters that everyone's been wearing lately. I came to this conclusion when I decided to stop by Target to see if they had anything good on clearance (particularly the Jonathan Saunders sweater coat that had caught my eye the last time I was at Target). While I was meandering around the women's section, I noticed at least three different styles of drapey sweaters, so I decided it wouldn't hurt to try one on. Needless to say, it looked pretty awful. The sleeves were supposed to be fitted, but they were weirdly long and stretched out, especially at the shoulders. The entire sweater was just too big, and the side view looked a bit off as well. Luckily, I did end up finding the Jonathan Saunders sweater on clearance, in my size (the only one left!). This made me pretty excited because I usually never find good sale/clearance stuff in my size.

It looks a lot better in person. The sleeves aren't as puffy-looking. (Why do the models on Target.com always make nice clothes look so bad?) I really like the weight of it - it's fairly thick and very cozy. I intend to post a picture of me wearing it eventually, though first I'd need to put a stop to my recent habit of wearing t-shirts and jeans every day (the weather is still too warm to allow for much creativity). I'd also have to actually be in the mood to take pictures of myself... Well, I'll definitely post something on this blog soon.

Ninja Vintage will be updated once this semester starts winding down, probably around the beginning of December (I'll try to put some accessories up next week). I know I keep putting it off, but I promise that the new stuff is awesome and will be worth the wait.

No comments: