4.18.2009

spectacular views










Hello there! I just got back from a week-long vacation to Catalina, Mexico, and San Diego. I was so busy preparing for the trip that I completely forgot to mention it on the blog - sorry! I had an amazing time, especially in Mexico, despite the somewhat gloomy weather. Horseback riding was my favorite part of the trip. My horse, Morito, was small and fat and had an awesome mohawk. He would try to eat every flowery plant that we passed (he was particularly partial to the purple ones), and when I tried to steer him away, he made a frustrated noise and took a huge chomp out of the next plant that he saw. Stubborn with a big appetite, just like me! Back at the ranch, I met two little cats named Tigre and Pantera (the latter is pictured above). They were so relaxed and friendly. I had a very strong urge to smuggle them back home with me, but I controlled myself.

This weekend will be spent unpacking, unwinding, and catching up on all the luxuries of home that I've been missing all week (i.e., DVR and interweb). Regular scheduled blogging should resume very soon.

2 comments:

Closet Cupcake said...

What did you do in SD? I'm from there!

Jenny said...

I was only there for about a day and a half so I didn't do too much. I was there with my cousins and we walked around Gaslamp, went to my favorite pizza place, Pizzeria Luigi, tried out a new Mexican place called El Zarape, and went to Coronado Beach for the first time (prettiest beach ever!).

My boyfriend lives about an hour from SD so we make day trips there about once a month. If you have any recommendations for food/activities, I'd love to hear them!