10.26.2012

the art of adam juresko

adam juresko prints
I've been a hardcore movie geek since I was 12 years old. I plastered my entire bedroom, floor to ceiling, with movie posters and film-related images that I'd cut out from magazines and newspapers or steal from movie theaters and video stores (remember those?). Most people who walked into my bedroom thought it looked like a crazy mess, but I thought it was awesome.

Now that I'm older and my taste in home decor has become a little more discerning, I realize that my childhood bedroom really was a bit of a mess. But I still love movies. My issue now is how to incorporate movie-related images into my home while keeping it looking clean and curated rather than messy. That's why I'm thankful for artists like Adam Juresko, who turn movie posters into graphic art.

Juresko has an Etsy shop where he sells original film & TV inspired prints. He's currently having a "3 11x17 inch posters for $30" sale (one poster is normally $22) and after spending way too much time narrowing down my choices, I finally decided on this Buffalo '66 poster, plus the Ghost World and Batman posters above. I can't wait to receive them so I can start decorating my home with movies again, just in a much more visually pleasing way. Here are a few more awesome Adam Juresko prints (and equally awesome movies/shows):

adam juresko prints adam juresko prints adam juresko prints

No comments: