12.31.2008

new year

This is what I'm wearing on New Year's Eve, even though I'm spending it at home, lounging around, eating junk, and playing Scene It? Seinfeld game with my boyfriend. I have a lot of fancy clothes and not a lot of occasions to dress up, so I take any chance I get.

The sequin top was my mom's. The skirt is Richard Chai for Target. The belt, which I wear with everything, is from H&M. Plus black tights and black Vans Authentic Lo Pros instead of heels because, like I said, I'm staying in. Also, even at 23 years old, I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of looking 100% ladylike. I always have to have a little bit (or a lot) of my inner tomboy/slob showing through. Otherwise I'd feel like a phony.

My blogger resolution for 2009 is to start documenting my outfits. There are obviously a lot of good reasons for doing this, but mostly I just want an excuse to not be lazy about how I dress. This little post is just to get the ball rolling. Hopefully I'll stick to it.

Smell ya later, 2008. Hello, 2009!

2 comments:

Lucy Schorn said...

love that dress! think the outfit blog is a great idea, I tried to do the same once but didn't stick to it... I came across your blog when i was searching for pics of karen o on google, love the shop, iv added it to the links page on my website www.lucyschorn.co.uk, hope that's ok! xx

Jenny said...

thanks, lucy! I took a look at your photographs and they are so wonderful. I love all the people you photographed for london fashion week. my favorites are the mostly-neutral outfits that have one red piece that stands out. very well done.