2.20.2007

hair & ebay

Today I decided to get a haircut (since I haven't had one since November) and ended up spending a lot more than I wanted to. So now I can't even enjoy my new haircut because every time I look at it I just end up thinking about how much it cost! Oh well.

Speaking of spending money, my two favorite eBay stores just happened to put up new auctions this week after a few months of being MIA:

The first store, lovelovelovela, is run by a cute and stylish young lady from Los Angeles and offers hand-picked vintage, new and designer pieces as well as the most adorable band t-shirt reconstructions you've ever seen! There aren't any reconstructed pieces up right now, but you can view previous designs on lovelovelove's eBay "me" page or on myspace. Thanks to lovelovelove I am the proud owner of a pair of one-of-a-kind Weezer track shorts that count among the most beloved items of clothing in my closet.

My second favorite eBay store is the Olive Shoppe, which not only offers amazing vintage and contemporary pieces, but also shows you how to wear them. The way the owner (who is also the model) puts together outfits is always fun and eclectic. Her auctions tend to attract a lot of bids, but even if they ultimately end up falling out of your price range, you can still take inspiration from her outfit ideas and incorporate those ideas into your existing wardrobe.

I feel like I've been doing way too much eBay shopping lately, but in actuality I've only been doing a lot of bidding and just a little bit of winning. The last couple of things I won, though, I really love. I'll be sure to share pictures of them in a future post. Just like with thrift shopping, it pays to be patient when sifting through eBay listings. If you search long enough you're bound to find something amazing.

No comments: