1.15.2009

dressing up

I didn't have much to do today, so I decided to play dress-up with one of my favorite items from Ninja Vintage, the Zipper Dress (I ate lunch right before taking these photos, so please excuse the post-meal pudge). I experimented with a few different outfits, but these are the ones I liked the best. In the first outfit, I wore the dress over a vintage slip and added a grey cardigan. In the second outfit, I wore a black cotton tee underneath and changed the silhouette with a vintage wool pencil skirt and my trusty faux patent belt. Of course, there are many other ways to wear this dress. I'm certainly not the most innovative of dressers, so I can't even imagine how great this might look in the hands of someone far more creative/stylish than I.

I also wore the dress with this awesome coat from my shop (and oh, hey, you can kind of see my face - oops.). Someone needs to buy this soon, because it doesn't fit me and it's too good to go unworn and unloved. Every day it hangs there, taunting me with its adorableness.

And while we're on the subject of Ninja Vintage, I just added a sassy little Betsey Johnson dress to the shop today. More things should be up within the next week or so.

No comments: