2.20.2009

las vegas, las vegas

This week has been crazy busy. It started out with a family trip to Las Vegas on Sunday. It was my second time staying at the lovely Palazzo hotel. I was sad to learn that one of my favorite spots, Mainland, had closed down since my last visit. Mainland was a fun, modern Asian fusion restaurant tucked away in a tiny corner of the Palazzo's second-floor shops. Their food was kind of hit-or-miss, but their toasted marshmallow milkshakes were incredible. The last time I was in Vegas, I had one every day that I was there (both with and without Malibu Rum). I guess now I'll have to go elsewhere for my toasted marshmallow milkshake fix. But even if I do find another place that makes this wonderful concoction, I doubt that anyone could even come close to topping Mainland's.

Anyway, enough with my sad rant. I have come here (at 2am!) to announce that I'll be going on yet another trip to good ol' Las Vegas this weekend, this time for my friend's birthday celebration. While I do go there fairly often, I think this might be the first time that I've made two trips in the same week. I'll be back next week with photos and whatnot. Until then, take care and have a great weekend!

No comments: